SDx™ SERIES SMART DRIVE EXCHANGEABLE PLATFORM
Four interchangeable solutions on a single platform — it doesn’t get much better than that! The Quadro/Fitzpatrick Smart Drive Exchangeable Platform allows you to increase production efficiency and reduce both your capital investment and cost of ownership.
Request a Quote
The technology behind this platform offers greater powder milling and security screening flexibility, making the SDx™ Series the ideal solution for meeting on-demand capacity increases and reducing bottlenecks. You can even double production when necessary!
This versatile product features an unparalleled number of integration possibilities – including hammer milling, gentler conical milling, high-efficiency conical milling and security screening. Thanks to the quick-changing, single tri-clamp connection and Smart-Detect™ technology for automatic head recognition and RPM range adjustment, you can change heads in approximately 90 seconds.
The Smart Drive System is the best value for your processing investment – four functionalities in one platform provides the lowest long-term cost of ownership.
Increased Production Efficiency Interchangeable heads reduce bottlenecks and increase capacity.
Optimized Particle Size Distributions (PSDs)
Improve on-target PSDs by 30% – 50% over similar technologies.
Enhanced Operator and Product Safety
Contained mills reduce operator exposure, while the greaseless gearbox (a first in conical milling technology) safeguards batches.
Protection for Heat-Sensitive Products
Patent-pending screen designs lower temperatures by as much as 30% during milling.
Lower Capital Investment
The ability to invest in four processes with a single, common drive lowers the initial capital investment and reduces the cost of ownership by up to 75%.
Quick Conversion Among Processes
Alternate between four powder processes in approximately 90 seconds.
Reduced Space Requirements
The SDx™ platform with interchangeable functionalities replaces several machines.
Utilizes Smart-Detect™ technology that automatically recognizes the head being installed, ensuring that the RPM range is adjusted appropriately for each head.
Single platform with interchangeable head design is space-efficient and cost-effective.
Quadro® Comil® U20x head
- Improves particle size distributions (PSDs) with 20% – 40% more on-target vs. similar technologies
- U20 screens and impellers are forward compatible, saving thousands in transferrable tooling
- Available with U21 high-efficiency screens for up to 50% average capacity increase
Quadro® Comil® U21x head
- Optimizes particle size distributions (PSDs), reducing “fines” generation by an average of 20% – 30%
- Ideal for heat-sensitive products, as this head lowers milling temperatures by an average of 10˚ – 15˚C
- Impellers and screens suitable for both standard and CIP applications
Fitzpatrick D6Ax head
- Guarantees full cleanability with a 4-piece chamber that allows complete disassembly, assuring 100% cleaning verification
- The standard for APIs and difficult products with an unmatched selection of screens (from 50 μm)
- Cooling infeed chamber available for heat-sensitive products
Quadro® FlexSift S20x head
- Optimizes security screening; one unit replaces 3 – 7 traditional vibratory sifters while achieving similar capacities
- Best-in-class performance with 40% – 50% more capacity vs. similar technologies
- Largest capacity range of any centrifugal security screener in the market