High Efficiency Comil® U21
The new High Efficiency Comil® U21 represents a revolutionary approach to size reduction. By reinventing and redefining conical milling, Quadro® has achieved an unprecedented particle size distribution optimization for improved powder homogeneity and flowability.Request a Quote
The High Efficiency Quadro® Comil® U21 achieves what no other conical mill is capable of doing: an extraordinary decrease in unwanted “fines” or “overs,” which translates into tighter PSDs by 25% to +50%, yet still within validated particle size distributions high and low limits. Plus, the U21 provides up to 60% capacity increase.
The conical screen chamber of the High Efficiency Quadro® Comil® U21 is designed to supply a vortex flow pattern to the in-feed product by means of a rotating impeller. As product travels into the “action zone” by continuous centrifugal acceleration, it passes through precisely defined unique-geometry screen hole apertures.
As a result, material is sheared through the screen at optimum tangential velocities, creating uniform size reduction rates and producing narrow, consistent and repeatable particle size distributions.
- Tighter PSDs (Particle Size Distributions) Tightest PSDs of any conical or size reduction mill in Pharma Oral Solid Dosage, potentially eliminating the need for classifying equipment
- Greaseless Gearbox Redesigned greaseless gearbox for 100% elimination of product contamination risk from gearbox lubricants should seal be damaged or worn
- Unwanted “Fines” Reduction Virtual elimination of unwanted “fines” ensures more product on-target and better powder flowability
- Low Heat Reduced heat generation during milling by up to 30% over traditional conical mills
- Higher Capacity Improved capacity throughput with same overall footprint of a standard Comil®
- Easy to Clean Ability to clean-in-place without “special” screens
- Low Noise Reduced dB levels
- Superior Containment OEB 5 Containment level,under 1 µg/m3 (independent third-party tests confirm Quadro’s underdriven technology capable of an average sub 100 ng/m3 containment)
- Patent pending redesigned components for maximum efficiency and on-target PSD results
- Autoclave compatibility standard
- Reduced noise levels -≈75 dBs
- CIP-ready housing and tooling / WIP nozzles available
- ATEX certified
- Suitable for SIP
- Interchangeable head design standard for either FlexSift or Comil® applications
- Hidden process wiring
- No exposed bolt heads or threads in action zone
- Captured O-rings for all joints
- Optional purged seal
- Available with height-adjustable, portable base
- Available PSR designs and more….