Food Processing Equipment
SIZE REDUCTION IN FOOD PROCESSING
Decades of experience have provided Quadro® with a wealth of food processing expertise. We provide solutions for both food powder processing/dispersion and security screening/delumping operations. When it comes to size reduction of dairy products, spices, vegetables, fruits and bakery products, Quadro® has the solution. Our high-quality food processing equipment is designed for easy operation, cleaning and maintenance.
A VERSATILE LINE-UP OF FOOD MILLING EQUIPMENT
The Quadro® Comil® is the unsurpassed choice for high-capacity food milling. It brings the advantages of low energy, low heat and reduced fines and dust. Comil® applications include size reduction, deagglomeration, reclaim of off-spec particles, and production of crumbs in the cereal industry; dispersing fatty lumps in bakery applications; deagglomeration of granola bars; and the size reduction of freeze-dried bacteria culture in yogurt production.
The Quadro® FlexSift is used for high-capacity, inline security screening and deagglomeration of food ingredients — without reducing the size of the particles. Its all stainless steel design and cGMP fabrication make it ideally suited for food applications.
The Quadro® Fine Grind delivers top-of-the-line particle size consistency, with the highest percentage within target of any fine mill technology. This unit comes as a complete station, eliminating the need for auxiliary equipment, which saves you money.
PRECISION-ENGINEERED FOOD DELUMPING MACHINES
Quadro delumping equipment has food manufacturing applications ranging from breakfast cereal production to sticky dried fruits to bakery uses. For delumping sticky, wet substances or dry, caked solids, our machines replace time-consuming, labor intensive manual delumping for the food processing industry. Our machines have been used in delumping raisins, for example. They can also be used to delump cheese powder or to properly size chocolate milk crumb prior to processing in a flaker.
HOMOGENIZATION OF FOOD PRODUCTS
In many dispersion processes, heat build-up contributes to uneven dispersion and lumping. Quadro's gentle-action food processing equipment allows more even blending of powder mixes and other dispersions. From spice mixes and flavor packs to high-fat powder blends for bakers, Quadro machines have allowed homogenous dispersion for food manufacturers looking to improve consistency in their dispersions.
CUSTOM APPLICATIONS FOR PARTICLE SIZE REDUCTION
Dry Milling Food - Particle Size Reduction
- Produce crumbs from dry cereal or bread for food coatings
- Size chili peppers into flakes
- Fine tune bulk density of non-dairy creamer
- Powderize shortening flakes
- Gentle size reduction of freeze-dried bacteria culture
- Size reduce herbs for extraction
Wet Milling Food Particle Size Reduction
- Size reduce berries for yogurt filling
- Produce lump-free tofu cream
- Mill soaked soya beans to produce soy milk product
Dry Blending / Dispersion
- Homogeneously disperse fat globules in bakery mixes
- Gentle blending of spice mixes
- Disperse nutrients in cereals
- Uniformly disperse spice, flavors and pigments in pudding mixes
Deagglomeration, Delumping & Separation
- Separate raisin clumps into undamaged individual pieces
- Deagglomerate cheese powder from spray dryer
- Size chocolate milk crumb prior to flaker
- Separate dried fruit without damage
- Powderize cookies (including cream filled)
- Granola bars into undamaged pieces
- Hard/soft candy into powder or syrup
- Potato chips, nachos and taco shells into pieces, crumbs or powder
- Powderize wafers for recycling into batter or cream
- Granola/chocolate/candy bars
- Marshmallows into a solution
- Capture and retain impurities and other foreign materials
- Screen and delump food ingredients such as spices, seasonings, dairy powders and flavors
- Bulk screen and delump flour, sugar and salt
- Screen and delump nutraceutical powders prior to tableting or encapsulation